The school in partnership with the family will:
- Encourage all pupils to do their best at all times.
- Encourage pupils to be as independent as possible and help develop the skills needed to move through life with confidence.
- Encourage our pupils to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Promote a safe and caring environment.
- Inform parents of progress at regular meetings.
- Inform parents about what the teachers aim to teach the pupils each term, through the delivery of a high quality curriculum.
Pupils will keep the school’s rules:
- Primary pupils will follow the Rainbow Rules and help to extend upon them appropriately within the classroom.
- Secondary pupils will follow the rules as detailed in their student planner and the school Behaviour Policies.
The family in partnership with school will:
- Encourage and support pupils to complete homework.
- Endeavour to ensure pupils attend school regularly and punctually.
- Inform the school before 8.30am on each day of any pupil absence.
- Attend parents' evenings to discuss progress and support the school activities.
- Ensure pupils wear the correct school uniform and PE kit.
- Not place any comments on social media that are detrimental to the reputation of our school.
- Inform the school should any particular circumstances occur which may have a direct effect on pupil’s school performance.
Together we will try to:
- Work to meet the schools aims and values.
- Support each pupil’s learning to help them achieve their best.
- Meet the needs of all our pupils.
- Encourage our pupils to keep the agreed rules of The Five Islands School.
- Create a safe and happy learning environment for all to flourish.