Visitors Code of Conduct
Thank you for working on our school site. It is the responsibility of all adults to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Please help us to ensure the safety of our pupils by ensuring that all personnel working on the school site comply with the following code of conduct:
- Sign in and out each day in the book provided.
- Work safely and take responsibility for your own actions and behaviour. Avoid any contact which would lead any reasonable person to question your motivation and intentions.
- NEVER give your personal contact details to children or young people, including your mobile phone number. Contact via social network sites is also unacceptable.
- Work and be seen to work in an open and transparent way.
- Stay within the agreed work area and access routes.
- Obtain permission if you need to go outside the agreed work area or access routes from the Receptionist, Site Manager or the member of staff responsible for your visit.
- Keep staff informed of where you are and what you are doing.
- Do not use profane or inappropriate language. Dress appropriately, i.e. dress in a way that:
- Is unlikely to be viewed as offensive, revealing or sexually provocative.
- Does not distract, cause embarrassment or give rise to misunderstanding.
- Is absent of any political or contentious slogans.
- Is not considered to be discriminatory and is culturally sensitive.
REMEMBER - Your actions, however well intended could be misinterpreted. Be mindful of the need to avoid placing yourself in vulnerable situations.