1. Please make an application to the school’s Finance Assistant. Booking forms are available from Finance.
2. All bookings will initially be provisional.
3. When your booking is confirmed, it will be entered into the master diary by the Finance Assistant. Only the Finance Assistant may
enter, delete, or change a confirmed booking. Therefore, if you find that you have to make a change during a term, please arrange
this with the Finance Assistant by phone on 01720424858.
4. Payment must be made at the time of booking, cheques payable to Five Islands Academy or by BACS. Should you require a
receipt, please ask for one.
5. A new booking form must be completed and handed to the Finance Assistant at the start of each term.
Conditions governing the booking/hire of the school facilities
6. It may become necessary, in exceptional circumstances, for us to use the facilities at short notice for school purposes
such as parents evening. If this happens, we regret that a booking may be cancelled.
In such circumstances we will:
A. Give you as much notice as possible
B. Offer you an alternative date
C. Refund the proportion of your booking fee that is due
N.B. The governors will not be held liable or required to pay any compensation for any loss sustained as a result of or in any way
arising from the cancellation of the hiring.
7. The hirer may cancel bookings on the following conditions;
a. If fourteen days notice is given, no payment will be required.
b. If less than fourteen days notice is given, half fees may be payable, unless the hall is re-booked.
8. Indemnity. The hirer shall indemnify the Governors and Council of the Isles of Scilly against all actions, proceedings, claims and
demands whatsoever which may arise as a result of the hiring. In the case of sporting activities, the hirer is responsible for
providing their own insurance policy cover and providing a copy attached to the booking form.
9. Booking the performance hall will normally be by the hour. If an extended period is required, please arrange this with the Finance
10. The Finance Assistant will consult the site manager on all bookings to ensure you receive the service you require, that proper
health and safety procedures are followed and that cleaning arrangements are properly organised.
11. The hirer must be over 18 years of age and must sign the application form. This person shall be responsible for paying the hire
charge and for observing the performance of all the conditions contained in this document.
12. Any person or group hiring any room / area indoors or outdoors is liable for any damages done during their occupancy, unless
the hirer has drawn to the attention of the site manager any existing damage before occupation.
13. The hirer will be held responsible for the security of the area hired and the equipment therein. All fire exits, stairs and escape
routes must be kept clear of materials and hazards. Knowledge of fire procedures and first aid must be held by a group using the
facilities and the fire plan and assembly point information is given to the Hirer by the Finance Assistant with confirmation of
booking. A copy of risk assessments and insurance policies must be provided by the hirer at the time of booking and a
description of the group’s activities. When the hirer signs the booking form, they are agreeing to comply with First aid and Fire
14. In certain circumstances a deposit may be required. This will be set at the discretion of the Headteacher and Chairman of
Governors. At the end of the hire period, if no damage has occurred the deposit will be returned in full. In the event of damage
occurring during the hire, the deposit or requisite part thereof will be used in respect of the cost incurred to repair any damage.
15. The governors reserve the right to refuse access to the premises hired if the fees are not paid or if the regulations in this
document have not been complied with.
16. Any problems / breakages / damage must be reported at the end of the session to the caretaker or as soon as possible thereafter
to the Headteacher.
17. The premises must be vacated at the agreed time and left in a clean and tidy condition.
18. Any hirer who has obtained permission to use additional equipment in the hall or classroom must clear it away before the next
19. No intoxicating liquor or foodstuffs shall be brought on to the premises or consumed on the premises except for functions in the
café area which have obtained prior written approval from the Headteacher and chairman of the Governors and in accordance
with the policy laid down by the governing body. In cases involving a request to consume intoxicating liquor on the premises
applicants must apply for the appropriate licence from the licensing justices.
20. No gaming is allowed except in accordance with the conditions of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act 1968, section 41, which
allows only gaming and entertainment for the purpose of raising funds to be used for purposes other than private gain.
21. Copyright. The hirer shall comply with all the provisions of the Copyright Act 1956. Failure to do so will result in immediate
cancellation. The hirer shall indemnify the governors from and against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims and demands
whatsoever arising out of the performance of copyright works on school premises.